Monday, September 16, 2013

The Leverage Of Generosity

This article is a bit different from other article that I posted before. But I just posted this because I feel this inspire me a lot. Hope this knowledge brings a lot of benefits to readers out there.
I read this in a book written by Robert K.Kiyosaki "Retire Young, Retire Rich" a very well known author whose life has inspired others.

THE LEVERAGE OF GENEROSITY

The other night, one of the news commentators said in a heated tone, "I did not go into business because I am not a greedy person".

For much of my childhood, I heard comments like that one. Many of people who visited my parents' home were people who either worked for the university, the educational system, the labor union, not stated as blatantly as the as the TV commentators, it was often said that people in business were in business simply because they were greedy.

My rich dad has a different point of view. He often said, "All of us are greedy to some extent.It's only natural to desire basic survival, a better life, and enough life support to live well once we stop working. But just someone is in business or rich does not mean they are greedier than anyone else. In fact it could be the opposite. He then said " The reason most people are not rich because they are not generous enough".

No comments:

Post a Comment